• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sling for New Englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a slip on I use to get the deer out. Don't use a sling otherwise.

HPIM1005-1.jpg

A 50" strap with a 5" slit on each end and a little 2" x 5" jumper across the lower (butt) end.

I have one just like Stumpy's that works great, but I'll be darned if I could find one for sale anymore when I looked online before responding to this question.

However, if one wants to attach the back to the wrist vs the butt, the long strap of leather with a slit in each end would work just fine. Just feed the strap into the slit on each end to form a loop and slide one to the wrist and tighten and one over the barrel. Just make sure to make it out of thinner very pliable leather.

No matter what you get, be careful about any design that puts too much "bulk" on top of the barrel. I have several versions and a couple of them are thick enough that they can shift a bit during use or loosen a bit and lift up and block the front sight.

Latest posts

Back