• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

slob hunters tick me off!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hunt in Illinois, and occasionally out of state. I make it a practice to take several plastic garbage sacks with me. When we get to a camp site, it is almost always littered. We police the area, before we camp, and then after we pack up to go home. One year, I returned to the same campsite before season to do some scouting and there was not only no litter, but it looked absolutely pristine. Maybe something rubbed off, or maybe the litterers just had not been back to this particular site. As for remains on the roads, if I have the time, I will take a shovel and move them off the road so the coyotes, crows, raccoon, possums, etc. can feed without the danger of being hit. Then I bag the plastic bag, and take to the dumpster. I know this sound really " Boy Scout", but what else can we do? I do like the idea of sitting over a gut pile the next day to try for a coyote. Did this once, and had a coyote coming into the gut pile when another hunter made some noise in the woods near me just before first light, and spooked the dog away. Close, but no cigar!

I hunt and hike a piece of state land in Winnebago Co, WI where calling some hunters a slob is to give them a complement. It is bad enough that the woods are so over-hunted that there is almost no game there, but then you have to deal with guys who gut and butcher their kill in the parking lot leaving the scraps for bacteria, at least in the woods they might feed something other than a raccoon. A half a mile from there is a bridge over a small river where I have found two deer carcasses, the remains of several muskrat, and pile of 15 to 20 catfish. What the hell is wrong with some people? Hunters get a bad rap to start off with and if local media or animal rights activists got a hold of this they might get the only public land in the county shut down to hunting. It almost makes me think that we should loose our rights to hunting this land to protect it from the few who abuse it. It’s a scary thought. :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Mike Muzzle said:
Stumpkiller,
If you can stand the smell/mess, go thru the bags from time to time. If they are inconsiderate enough to throw their trash out like that, they might be dumb enough to throw away mail or other material with their name and address. The law will probably take it from there.

Mike

I did this one time about 5 years ago. Right after the firearm season there were 8 or 10 deer carcasses dumped at the edge of a field about 50 yards from the road on the farm I hunt. Several had LOTS of meat left on 'em. A couple had only the backstraps removed. :cursing:
When I started poking around, I found that one of the backstrapless deer had someones leg tag with their tag number and signature still on it.
The game warden was very interested...

In Lower Alabama allota of Deer carcasses on the road side.The slobs just bowsaw the hind quarters off and dump in plain view :cursing: !!!I guess just damn lazy.What do non-hunters think seeing this :( ?

Stumpkiller: I think if I were living where you do, I would get one of those camera setups, with a motion detector to take pictures of the dumpers, so they could be prosecuted. You might not have to have the camera set up all the time. With the new digital camera, you can erase the film it its something you are not interested in. If you put it up in a tree, say, 10 feet off the ground, the dumpers would not likely see it, or be able to steal it. See if your county has a crime stoppers organization, that may help out with the expenses. Or ask your local sportsman's club to help you with the expense. I suspect that there are other people in the area who suffer the same kind of abuse, and could use the camera after you have arrested the slobs who are dumping on your ground. If the judge just sentences them to public service work, where they are required to pick up litter along the roads, they will learn a valuable and permanent lesson about dumping.

Back