• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Slung holster for Pedersoli sxs howdah pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an answer some of us sought about these cool Pedersoli “Howdah” double pistols. This is the shoulder-slung holster for the pistol referenced above. Overall it is well made. The holster is just a wee bit small, and so it ends up with a dangling flap hanging off the end. 🧐🤫🫨 Maybe the gun eventually fits better as it stretches the leather.
Separately, I experimented with wad size (c’mon, no jokes), and in fact learned what other Pedersoli Howdah owners have learned: These are overbored barrels. A 5/8” arch punch produced 0.625” felt wads that fit perfectly into the .58 caliber rifled pistol (above below) and that are too small for the 20 gauge Howdah pistol (below below). Make sense of that….yo no comprendo. So I had to hunt down a set of Osborne arch punches that should provide a punched wad that will correctly/ snugly fit that gaping 20 gauge bore. Otherwise there’s just gonna be trouble. Yes, I intend to take both the 20 gauge and the 58 caliber Howdah double pistols hunting. Yes, I am thinking about getting another slung shoulder holster. If I do, then I need a huge sombrero
Notch out the top for the Hammers. I'm Fabricating both Percussion and Flintlock versions.

Notch out the top for the Hammers. I'm Fabricating both Percussion and Flintlock versions.
For Percussion and F/L

Attachments

• IMG_20240827_131812_719_edited.jpeg
    IMG_20240827_131812_719_edited.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
While we are on the subject of Pedersoli howdah pistols, here is an instructive photo of the 20 gauge with a 17mm felt wad. As can be seen, the 17mm felt wad is barely deformed when pushed into the barrel. I will be experimenting with the 17mm wads and round balls this weekend, but I am betting it will take an 18mm punch to cut a wad that actually sits tightly enough to seal things in place.

Attachments

• IMG_5149.jpeg
    IMG_5149.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back