• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smooth bore handgun hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engravertom

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone using smoothbore handguns for small game hunting? Any success using shot at any decent range? Anyone using large caliber smoothbore handguns for hunting deer?

Thanks for any input!

Tom

Hmm. I shot one pheasant at a club shoot with a 16" 20 guage single shot handgun.

I did some range testing and it seemed to have an effective range of 25 yards. I forgot the load but I did do in the pheasant.

Thanks for the reply.

My next purchase will be a smoothbore handgun or fowler. Either one will be fun to play with. The handgun might be cool for packing around while playing in the woods.

Thanks again,

Tom

Back