• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
Went out this morning with my fine TVM .62 EA smoothbore. Didn't take long for the action to start. Around 8:00AM a large doe came toward my stand from the front running and crashing through the brush and leaves. I tried to Whistle and make her stop but just couldn't make any sound. I then shouldered the gun, lead a little and fired. She dropped in her footie prints as if she'd been pole axed. Anchored and down but still alive, I administered the coup de grace.

PICT0584-1.jpg

PICT0588.jpg

Headed out in a few minutes with my 20 gauge SXS BP shotgun with patched WW balls (.578) . Our Ohio muzzleloading season starts in about a 1 1/2 hours. Hope to have deer pics too ! Got doe tag left.

Nice job on your deer !

Congrats Hanshi on a fine eatin piece of venison. Thats a great lookin smoothie too. An by the way, SHE WAS POLE AXED!!!!! :thumbsup:

That's gettin' it done Hanshi...and with a .62cal ball the outcome is not in question, congratulations !

:hatsoff:

Back