• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore loading technique.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, and I've never bothered poking holes or nicking edges of OS cards either...my brass ramrods are stiff/strong and I just lean on them a little

I do it one step at a time, never tried all at once. I use blanket wadding or wasp nest and do just fine with squirrels and other small game. I dont plan to change the loading procedure I use as it has worked for me this long.

Phew! I thought you were saying you poke the OP card as well, and I couldn't figure out why in the world would you want to do that. Big misunderstanding on my part!

I'm just gettin' old..........

OOPs! I should have said "Speed Reloading" instead of speed shooting. Thank you for catching this. :thumbsup:

[Its also nice to see that my fan never hesitates to enjoy himself at my expense. I should do this more often, as he is so easily entertained! :grin: ]

But, even using one of the modern BP revolvers, speed shooting( and reloading) is nothing like what can now be achieved with modern revolvers, either single action or double action.

Don't believe it? Just watch the old film of the late Ed McGivern setting his DA revolver speed shooting records in the 1940s, or watch film of Bob Mundan shooting his SA revolver so fast it sounds like one shot is fired, instead of 5 or 6.( Bill Oglesbie also does this kind of shooting.)

I also know, and have shot with, Tom Kilhoffer, who holds several National Championship titles for speed shooting with DA revolvers. He is known for his ability to reload, fire and HIT the next bowling pin in .58 seconds[timed from the 6th shot hitting a bowling pin to the 7th shot hitting the next pin].

That is "Speed Reloading" in my mind.

Thanks again. :hatsoff:

Back