• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

so hard to wait

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am dead set I am going to wait until gun season to shoot my deer this year.
My problem is that I have a nice 10 point that has shown up on the little 60 acres I hunt.
It is so tempting to go after him with my bow but if I kill him with my bow, he will be gone and then I can’t shoot him with my Flintlock

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    422.9 KB
  • IMG_0901.jpeg
    IMG_0901.jpeg
    7 MB
I am dead set I am going to wait until gun season to shoot my deer this year.
My problem is that I have a nice 10 point that has shown up on the little 60 acres I hunt.
It is so tempting to go after him with my bow but if I kill him with my bow, he will be gone and then I can’t shoot him with my Flintlock
Im as big a bowhunter as they come. Get on him now before the neighbor does.

Cautiously and carefully, get in with the bow. But you don't want him pushed out. I hunt near my house where there aren't many deer. Come muzzleloader season, there's tons of hunters putting all kinds of pressure on the deer. Movement on camera becomes almost non existent.and mainly after dark. I get what I can during bow season and still generally have tag soup at the end.

I'd rather take em with a bow any day, more challenging/satisfying. Like others stated, he might not last that long.

Back when I got mine it was still legal to buy formaldehyde at a drug store. I wrapped the antlers in rags and then poured the formaldehyde over it all. I put the whole works in 2 or 3 garbage bags and left them in a spare refrigerator for a few weeks. I didn't do the whole skull I just did the antlers. I post a photo but they're at my son's place. The velvet still looks like new. There are probably other ways to do it.

Back