• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

source for horn?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprayinbear

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

I occasionally enjoy making scrimshawed horns and am looking for a good source for quality horns. In the past I have purchased from Moscow Hide & Fur, and have even found a few on Ebay.

Suggestions? :hmm:

Last ones I got were from Tandy. Sold in matched sets for "steer horn" displays. But one was slightly damaged, so I got'm for $20 or so. They were much too long for powder horns, so cut the bad part off.

Have you tried powderhornsandmore? Bought two early this month and couldn't be happier with them. John is a good guy to work with, too.

Bud.

I used to get a lot of them from a local slaughter houise often they came with the heas attatched which is not a big deal getting the horns off just get them hot and the will twist off, the heads might be a problem in an urban area

I have bought 5 horns from Powder horns and more so far and have not been disappointed. I have also cleaned a raw horn and it is well worth the price to have them cleaned and ready to work with.
Kirby

Back