• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern VT. Primitive Biathlon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just thought I would post a message letting everyone know that the course for the SVT Primitive Biathlon is looking, and shooting great. I guarentee a good time.
I have also posted the rules to our "King of the hill shootout" on our web site. This portion of our event is to allow for competetive shooting to go on all day even after you run the course. We will be giving away some fantastic prizes including a Pedersoli Long rifle and an Orvis Fly rod and Reel set up. The dates are Feb 26 and 27 and the event is in Manchester Vt.
Check it out at www.svt-primitivebiathlon.com

Evening all!

I just got back from this "Primitive Biathlon" and it was a SUPER day and a GREAT course! Brew, Eric, Chris and their Team had a great winding course throughout the beautiful woods.

Back by the registration booth there was food, hot beverages (homemade hot chocolate ... yummy!), great and friendly participants and on-lookers, various vendors and their wares, and the prize table.

Sorry ... did I say table ... ??? There were 3 tables loaded with prizes and door prizes!

Get up off that couch and make plans to head to southern Vermont for this shoot. Take the better half with you, as not 10 minutes down the road in Manchester is a shoppers dream, with all of the outlet stores your squaw could want. Think of it this way ... she buys new clothes ... that gives you the green lght for a new rifle!

Thanks Brew, it was a great day ... I sure wish I had stayed for the bonfire and concert after the shooting stopped. Next year, I'll make a weekend out of it!

snowshoevew.jpg

brewshooter.jpg

Hey Mowrey,
Were you shooting that brass finished rifle at the last station and at the King of the Hill?
Yes, that was me. I was told that "if" I had hit my 3rd gong that I would have been in the running for the "King of the Hill" ... but alas I missed it, haha!

Snowshoe02.jpg

I went to the Primitive Biathlon in St. Johnsbury yesturday as I have for the last 5 years. Too bad the southern one was scheduled the same weekend I would of liked to have done both but my time is limited. Hopefully next year it can be coordinated so as to fall on different weekends so the St.J's and southern one arn't competing for shooters(and their $). It's nice to get out and break the cabin fever of mid winter by dressing up and makin some smoke.

Don

Hey Mowrey,
Were you shooting that brass finished rifle at the last station and at the King of the Hill?
Yes, that was me. I was told that "if" I had hit my 3rd gong that I would have been in the running for the "King of the Hill" ... but alas I missed it, haha!

Hey Morey, here's a couple of shots that I took at the Biathalon. There's the one of you at Station 4 with Ron (who's shooting a musket) and a second one shooting King of the Hill. Was a great day! I have copies of these at 300 dpi if you want to print them.

Station4competition_296x426.jpg

Mowrey372x400.jpg

Twisted1-66:

Thanks for posting those pictures! I had a great time talking with Ron and his wife down at the concession stands. Did you see that caped hunting frock his wife made for him from a VT-made Johnson wool blanket? Absolutely beautiful!

I wish I could have stayed around, as there were many great people to talk with and so much neat accroutements to look at. I'm pretty new at this so all of it is amazing to me.

Thanks again!

Anyone know the results of the Elder event? :thumbsup: [/quote]

Hey folks. Glad to hear everyone had a good time. We had a good time putting the event on as well. The results will be posted on our web site soon. They are almost ready, just awaiting proofing. If any one sees a mistake, please let us know. To answer your question Big John, Harley Grice took first place in the elder's class.

My Wife & I went to St.J. on sat-which I ran 2x. Then to manchester for sun-which I also ran 2x. Today I can just barely walk! 2 biathlons in one weekend is just to much fun all at once. anyone going to saratoga?

"Too bad the southern one was scheduled the same weekend . Hopefully next year it can be coordinated so as to fall on different weekends so the St.J's and southern one arn't competing for shooters(and their $).

Don [/quote]

As of right now, we are planning to hold the Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon next year on February 18th and 19th, 2006 (President's Day weekend), the weekend prior to the St. J event. Let us know if this weekend works good for everyone. We are still very sorry for our miscommunication that caused that error. Thanks, Esev

Back