• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spanish 1752 Musket Lock, Polished and Tuned

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve got a long list of tune up’s I’m working on, this Spanish 1752 lock is an interesting one.

Made in Spain by Jukar for the Spanish Military Marching Band in the 1970’s, dictator Francisco Franco demanded historical accuracy.

The lock is pretty close to an original minus some internal parts authenticity.

The internals were pretty worn so i cleaned them up, case hardened for about 1 hour in a crucible with charcoal of wood, bone and leather. Quenched in a brine Frizzen included.

I polished the parts with whet-stones up to 600 grit, then worked back with blending wire wheel to give it a brushed / slightly filed look.

The springs were in good condition, with some slight authenticity issues the owner wished to leave them be.

It’s a good sparking lock.

Attachments

• IMG_4220.jpeg
    IMG_4220.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4219.jpeg
    IMG_4219.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back