• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spiller and Burr sources?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaBee133

40 Cal
Reaction score
I know Traditions had/has them in blister packs. DGW sometimes has good to go or kit versions.
Is there a reliable source for them? I need at least a pair of functional S&B replicas. Also looking for Leach and Rigdon functional replicas.
I shoot in the Memphis area. Live in a plantation house used by both sides during the ACW. Long since gone log barn was a military field hospital, farm was a camp.
Affiliated with a local history group, that wants to do some filming here. We have original ACW long arms, cannons, and Union sidearms available. Needing to add some local connection arms other than a brace of locally cast 6 pounders.
Seems like Taylor’s and EMF aren’t getting them the last couple years. Even DGW has been more miss than hit.! Thanks y’all

I purchased my Spiller & Burr from Dixie Gun Works. They had the best price at the time (6 months ago). I just saw the Leach and Rigdon clone on Midway USA so check them out.

I purchased my Spiller & Burr from Dixie Gun Works. They had the best price at the time (6 months ago). I just saw the Leach and Rigdon clone on Midway USA so check them out.
Might just have to run up to DGW. Haven’t been in years, don’t like driving through Dyersburg TN.

Back