• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spiller and Burr

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do not mind the rough look of the gun. It is old and the roughness just adds to the rustic look. As long as it doesn't effect the function, I have a couple of other handsome revolvers. :grin:

Zonie said:
The S&B shown in the photo above was made by, "F.LLIPIETTA" (Fratelli Pietta).

B18xx is stamped on the bottom of the gripstrap, the bottom of both wood grips, the trigger guard and the barrel.
This could be an assembly number but the presence of the "B" leads me to believe it is the serial number.

You are right. It is a serial number. B18XX indicates that it was made in 1991. Code BA.
more here- https://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Info/PDF/Powder/PiettaandItalianSerial.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Update. I have the Palmetto box the revolver came in. :doh: Thought I might find some additional information on the box. I am not the brightest bulb in the lamp. It says "REV STELLER & BURR"
"cal. 36-N. V-001672(?)" and
"KIT" :thumbsup:

Very faded and hard to read.

Thank you for posting the link to Italian/Pietta production codes. I just received a Spiller & Burr purchased off Gunbroker & based on the "BN" marking and serial number B52xx on the bottom of the brass grip frame, it was made in 2000.

Ok I went and dig up my box from mine. There is no paperwork in the box. I bought it 2nd hand from a Gun Store. for 199.99 plus tax for a price of $211.99 and this on the date of 4-11-09. sold it with a custom hot brown finish.
It's a Traditions made by Pietta. it says:
1862 Spiller & Burr CL36
.36 cal. Perc.-6 1/2" blue barrel(tho mine is browned)
Brass Frame-walnut grip
FR18625
serial N0-B7094

Back