• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sportsmans Warehouse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I had heard that Sportsmans Warehouse had opened a store here in Phoenix and as I got a few dollars for Christmas I thought "well, I'll go out and see what it is.
I won't go into the fun, or lack of fun I had just trying to find it, nor how I jokeingly told my wife I ought to take a box lunch to drive that far north and before I got back I wished I had.
I will say it is rather big, and it sure has a lot of stuff. One could look for hours at what they have to offer.
I came to the conclusion that the stuff they had sure must be good because their prices were about as high as any I've ever seen and nobody would ask that much for stuff that wasn't the best!

I had thought about buying a GPR (just because I don't have one and you all have given it such high praises).
Sure enough, they had some in precussion and one in flint. The flintlock even had a nice curly pattern in the walnut! Then I looked at the price. Now I don't know what you are paying for a Flint GPR but they seemed to think it was worth $629.00.
I didn't think it was worth $629.00 and I was right.
When I got home I opened my Cabela's 2003 Shooting Catalog and there on page 64 was a Flint GPR for $419.99. The only thing I can figure is the Cabela's ad didn't say it had a Curly Walnut stock. Maybe that wood explains a $209.01 price increase. What do you think?

I think you ought to try Mid-South! Cabellas is plenty high too!

I used to go to the Sportsmans Wharehouse in Idaho Falls when we lived in Wyoming...they were a bit high but they were also the only game in town. Been to the Cabellas in Sydney and Kearney Nebraska. The one in Sydney is pretty nice but kinda pricey too.

Vic

For reference, check my recent post on .50 caliber pistol kit in the percussion section. After thinking about it, I think my problem was with Sportsman's Warehouse, not Traditions. The reason I say this is that the kit my daughter bought me was wrapped in saran wrap. None of their other kits were. I believe those buggers got a returned, defective, kit and then resold it. Doesn't say much for their business ethics. As far as their advertised price, it was $20 lower than anything I could find on the web. They're currently out of the kit but I plan to see one when they get a new shipment in.

While I was there I looked for BP Kits of any kind and didn't see any at all. Now I'll admit I didn't ask (it's a guy thing) but I did think I would see one because of your posts.
Oh well, guess I'll just have to work on the TRANSITIONAL rifle.

Latest posts

Back