• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spring bear #2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have black bear in New Jersey no spring bear season though. These two knocked my feeder over yesterday. Last year about this time of year they killed a couple sheep. Guess the feeder is better than sheep, if it's not coyote it's bear, what's NJ coming to. Wish we had a spring season, nice kill.

Attachments

• Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    193.4 KB
Last edited:
For Alaska spring, probably bear; for a fall hunt, moose. And probably give away most of the meat to local villagers. Most likely have the hide tanned, not really interested in wall trophies, just the experience. Heck, I'm 78, will be 79 before this year ends. Need a cane to get around, so need to hunt from a stand. May not even shoot an animal unless he is close, or a record or something.
Was a wetlands and wildlife biologist for my career, all over the SE, then down through Central America and into South America. I've seen all sorts of animals, best was the sloth right by my camp site in the Amazon basin. Talked to her all the time, no one else to talk to for 3 or 4 weeks! Got her to shake hands, routine morning/evening ritual. They have some truly awesome claws! Close enough to spit at Jaguars, caiman, black bears, etc. Scariest animals in the woods, for me, was feral hogs. Killed over 48 of them, most tasted pretty good! Caught, ID'd, and released well over 45 different types of snakes.
So, yeah, just being there would be fine. At least there are none of those frigging Anacondas there! Polar bears - gonna stay way the heck clear of them!
I do not know if bear or moose meat can be brought to the Lower 48 or not, but would like to bring about 20 lb of either for my freezer.

Back