• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spring bear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. Anxious for the story. PRB in the .58?
Yes patched ( .15 ) 562 round ball with 80 grains of 2f. My son got the bear on his 14th bday. I'll be using a Cabela's/ investarm 58 hawken with the same load except I'm using a .18 patch. He got complete pass through and the bear made it maybe 25yds before letting out the death rattle. Last year my son took one with his 62 smoothbore with a .600 ball, .10 patch, wad. Over powder card, and 80 grs. Of 2f. Got complete pass through and that bear also rolled at about 25 yds.

1000000560.jpg
1000000561.jpg
1000000562.jpg
1000000564.jpg

Congrats that's great. Sounds like you guys got it figured out which for a rb muzzleloader is cool. That brown phase looks like a tubby.

Back