• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

squib loads for woodchucks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the many advantages of not keeping a garden, I can enjoy my groundhogs alive and well, don't have to shoot them. I have a den in my back yard this year, we have them come up the window where we frequently sit, and last week got to watch a pair of half-grown ones in a whirlwind tail-chaise across the yard.

I do miss the tomatoes, though.

Spence

It's not the garden I'm worried about....it's the burrowing and undermining of my sheds that's the problem....I had one dig a hole so big I had to use the tractor to fill it back in..

I agree -- they are a nuisance and a real PITA. I believe in live and let live but groundhogs don't fit in that category for me they were bred as target practice. I use to be a volunteer groundskeeper for my gun club in NJ and when I cut the grass with the riding lawnmower I carried a .44 special on my hip just for those pesky animals :wink:. When they were farther down range the .223 Winchester did the job quite well :grin: ! My dad use to shoot them in the backyard with his deer rifle which was a .270 Winchester - now that made some noise :thumbsup: .

I found a 4' bull snake trapped in a waddle at the dump. Promptly cut him loose, bagged him and relocated to my woodpile. Mice have moved indoors, wife will not let snake follow. TY Crossman! :grin:

Once I was working above a false ceiling in an office building...And one of the ladies down below asked me if I ever saw any mice up there....
I said:" use to,.... but not since we put the snake up here"..... :haha:

colorado clyde said:
Once I was working above a false ceiling in an office building...And one of the ladies down below asked me if I ever saw any mice up there....
I said:" use to,.... but not since we put the snake up here"..... :haha:

Aaarrgh! But you have no compassion. :rotf:

Back