• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel season 2021

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was on the mountain this morning where I hunt checking things out for the up coming early muzzle season had too go today as I am leaving for Wyoming in five days and will not be back until the day before our early muzzle loader starts squirrels everywhere, but very warm and still a lot of leaves on the trees.

Was on the mountain this morning where I hunt checking things out for the up coming early muzzle season had too go today as I am leaving for Wyoming in five days and will not be back until the day before our early muzzle loader starts squirrels everywhere, but very warm and still a lot of leaves on the trees.
Same here in Pulaski, TN. Still most of the leaves up and has been in the mid to high eighties. Rain moved in yesterday though so the weather is cooling down and the leaves have started falling like crazy. Almost time...

I have hundreds of Grey & Red squirrels $ chipmunks in my yard. Cant shoot a real gun as they built dozzens of golf course condos to one side of me a house directly in back of me 300 more houses a few hundred yards to the west of me and they are clear cutting 100 Acres directly in back to put in Solar panel farm. I’m at 43 degrees laditude. The only sun we get is during the summer. Snow covers everything fom Dec till April so SOLAR just does not work, unless your a politition getting pain off. So I know Mepps will buy Grey Squirrel tails. But what can you do with the test of them? No closed season, no limit. Maybe troll them for Shark bait but fishing season is over. Is there any market anywhere for them? Can pop them with a pellet gun Peanut butter. Old cheap stuff makes good bait. does peanut butter work for deer? Its freezing out in the motnings and rain fog every day. Even snowed on mt eashington yesterday but thats way inland. They dont open muzzleloader season until Dec when all the deer have been scared deep into the woods and its really cold and usually snowing. Psst two years since the plague there have been thousands of yahoos out hunting in places that never had anyone. Most land is now posted no hunting

Last edited:
Have heard of old timers around here putting out "peanut butter poles" and hunting over them. Highly illegal, at least in this area, but apparently they do like it. I personally wouldn't hunt that way though. Kinda ruins the whole fair chase thing...

I hope to get out soon with my Pedersoli .32 flintlock. Ive been having ignition woes….another forum member has been coaching me. I think we have it licked. I’ve been out several times with my boys but they were using unmentionables.

I hope to get out soon with my Pedersoli .32 flintlock. Ive been having ignition woes….another forum member has been coaching me. I think we have it licked. I’ve been out several times with my boys but they were using unmentionables.
Sorry to hear about the ignition trouble. I’m seriously considering a Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock kit in .32.

I believe mine was a kit….not sure. Fit and finish is just not as nice as other Pedersolis I’ve handled. I’ve only had it for about a month.

Was able to get out for a few hours this morning with the 32 had a wonderful day and I’m going to have a wonderful meal.

Attachments

• 751CE082-CF49-460D-A993-9BAA5C92B4BC.jpeg
    751CE082-CF49-460D-A993-9BAA5C92B4BC.jpeg
    193.9 KB
All nice photos and stories. I regret that I didnt even buy a license this year. So busy with work and life in general. But this next year is going to be new beginning Lord willing. I sold my little .40 so I didnt have a rifle anyhow. It was in anticipation of my 3 year wait on a custom .32 VA Sheetz rifle. It should be finished up in the next couple of weeks. If I get it soon enough I may get a licence and do a little late season huntin. If not I will be ready for next year. Sneak peek of the almost finished gun.
Regards,
James
imagejpeg_1_3.jpg
imagejpeg_1_3.jpg
imagejpeg_0_8.jpg

Late season is my favorite time to hunt around here got the woods to myself and get to shoot them on the ground. If I need a rest when hunting all day I hop in one of my deer stands and usually get at least one shot each day while resting.

Back