• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrels and Rabbits?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My beagle Dolly loves to hunt both squirrels and rabbits. I use my .32 flinter and my .54 smoothbore on squirrels.

Dollys%20squirrels.JPG
http://www.shrewbows.com/rons_linkpics/Squirrela_1st_day.JPG
Squirrela_1st_day.JPG

The .54 smoothbore is deadly on rabbits and squirrels and doesn't shoot em up.

Dolly_28ga.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I guided Elk hunters for years, and have, in 50 years, hunted just about everything, in Montana, with hair. Anymore, I'd rather take my flinters ( Ron Paul .40, or my .54 smoothrifle) after squirrels and rabbits, over anything else.
TomW

I guided Elk hunters for years, and have, in 50 years, hunted just about everything, in Montana, with hair. Anymore, I'd rather take my flinters ( Ron Paul .40, or my .54 smoothrifle) after squirrels and rabbits, over anything else.
TomW

The older ya get, the smarter ya get. :applause: ... :haha:

Ever notice how all the big name hunting writers turn into bird hunters after they reach a certain age? O'Connor and Keith, just to name a couple. I never understood it as a kid, considering all the big game hunting opportunities those guys must have turned down in their later years.

I understand it just fine now, thank you very much! :thumbsup:

I hunt with a wippet , kind of like a grayhound but a bit smaller but just as fast.When he hears the shot he runs to get'em. :)

80 grs FFG, 120grs(in measure) of #7. At 25 steps, puts 15-twenty pellets in a turkey head target. Use a plug of hornet's nest over powder, and smaller plug over shot.

Hugh

Back