• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrels are starting to whittle!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
g7w42Z8.jpeg

I took Ole Betsy out yesterday morning and was treated to the sounds of nut hulls falling everywhere! I saw squirrels whittling on acorns, hickory nuts, and walnuts. If you like chasing bushytails, now's the time to measure out your shot and powder. It's about to get exciting!

iQhgOEV.jpeg

Darren

Our season opens in September. Swuirrwls have been scarce for the past 2 years around here

Season has been open since mid month here in TN. I live on 30 acres of pecan groves and mixed hardwoods. Naturally overloaded with them. If our tenant is home, no squirrel or raccoon hunting, she’s a wildlife rehabber. The neighboring 19 acres is an orchard we sold in 2019. Mostly Eastern Grays, but have been seeing Red Squirrels and Fox Squirrels as well.
My late Beagle was absolutely a born squirrel dog. Poppy hated squirrels almost as much as she hated Canade Geese. Regular 13” Beagle, worked her on a long line most of the time. If she was on a leash and saw a goose in the pond, I was going swimming whether I wanted to or not. Had to rescue her from 40’ off the ground one time, she went up a wind felled widowmaker after a squirrel.
Been finding dead squirrels and chipmunks on the front porch. Tenant’s cat “trades” them for Fancy Feast Tuna Gravy Lovers.

Latest posts

Back