• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

States that Do Not Allow Fiber Optics for Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read some of the topic on which sight.

I am looking in the next day or hours to order a sight or sight set for my renegade. I was originally going to and still may get the receiver sight for my hunting. but I am turing slightly to a set of TC fiber optics sights for my rifle and this will help some in sight picture over the original set. if I may, what states do not allow fiber optic sights for their muzzleloading season?

They are legal in PA now. The deer get heavy pressure here and don't move a great deal during the day. Much of the shooting is in the last half hour and I myself would not be without those fiber optic sights; it makes a big difference.

Optics have been legal here in Oklahoma for quite a few years. Before they allowed all of this modern equipment the late October deer woods was a deer hunters paradise.

Pat

Legal in Maryland. So are scopes and anything else you can through on it. We do not have a primitive season here. :( :(

Legal here in alabama. i dont have them on my rifles but as bad as my peepers are gettin i do need to put them on the .54 that i hunt with even though i know it will ruin the looks of a longrifle. but that is just my own thinking.

I have been thinking about the whole fiber optic sight thing. I don't care for their looks - they look too much like toy parts to me - but I do understand their functionality. Anyway, how well would they work if you painted the sides of the sights black so that the part you view is still the red or green or whatever? I know that you would lose some of the light that would naturally illuminate it, but I wonder if they would still give enough with just the edge unpainted for them to be functional.

Just an interesting thought...

I think that probably "fiber optic" sights (as opposed to "optic" sights -- scopes to most of us) are universally legal. (Then there may be that really "primitive" season that would disallow them.) When it is all said and done, I tried them. Did not like them. Took them off. Put more tradition iron sights back on. For me, they seemed to be more sensitive to light direction than standard sights. Never tried fiber optic rear sights.

Back