• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Still playing with Miss Elizabeth.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTT

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Miss Elizabeth is my .62 cal smoothboar. She is my favorite hunting gun and have taken Deer, Boar, Turkey, Rabbit, and Squirrels! I've developed a roundball load that is producing 3" groups at 50 yards and am continuing with building shot loads for the different game I hunt and would like to hunt. This is my latest patern I've achieved so far. A good patern for me is the minimization of hols in the patern and of course hits on target. Here is my best for turkey so far but still playing with shot charges and powder loads. Where a square load of 60/70 (60 grai s 3f powder and 70 grains of #6 shot 1oz) looks good for Rabit and Squirrel, here is my patern with 60gr. 3f and 1.25 oz of shot. That's are being taken at 20 yards and the patern is just a touch low. I'm going to try 10 more grai s of powder and also 10 gr less of shot and see what we get. This current load has 82% of total pellets on paper, 29% hits in the head and neck (65 hits). I'll keep you updated on further testing.

Attachments

• 20240625_020419.jpg
    20240625_020419.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Back