• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jugs and Balls?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In actual real life, how well do lead round balls perform whenst fired from jugged-choked smoothbore fowling pieces?

I’m finding conflicting information on the subject. Some claim accuracy is diminished. Others, not so.

Has anyone actually tested this with any scrutination?

-Smokey

I’m no expert by any stretch of the imagination. Here are my real world results of shooting RB in a jug choked barrel. 58 cal Kibler Colonial smooth rifle. First shots fired from a newly completed kit. The off hand shot aim point was the black dot on the right side of the target. All others were shot at the orange sticky. Several different load types and they all shot into the same group. I have not yet shot out to 50-60 yards. I'm expecting the same results.

Attachments

• IMG_2628.jpeg
    IMG_2628.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back