• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Still reading print media?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up reading Outdoor Life, Field and Stream and Sports Afield and continued subscribing for many years, but eventually let them lapse because they dumbed them down so much and the quality of the writing became so poor. Just glossy pics, "where to go" articles and the writers pimping high tech stuff. The only mags in a print format that I subscribe to now are Muzzleloader and Traditional Bowhunter. Curious about the rest of you. Always looking for suggestions.
When your batteries die in your electronic thingy, good old paper still works.
Though it is bulky. But I like it

I have subscriptions to half a dozen magazine besides Muzzleloader. I also frequent a used book store and usually bring home a half dozen books on various subjects each time I go there. I read a lot. I read at the breakfast table. I read in the afternoon before dinner. I read at night before going to bed. I read while sitting in my deer blind. I like the printed word in my own hands. I collect first editions and books signed by the author. My house contains more books than some small libraries.
While I might read two or three paper/hardcover books a month, a friend of mine reads five or more, each and every month. Now, he is a really prolific reader!
I research some things on the Internet and read the results, but comparatively, I don't read much online. In general, I just don't like electronics. Heck, I don't even have a phone. :thumb:

Back