• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stuck Ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, THAT'S Funny :rotf: . I never even considered that someone would walk into a machine shop with the full gun in hand. I would take just the barrel, particular when its a T/C and so easily removed from the stock.

When I have gone to machine shops to get help, I go in first without my barrel, or whatever, and talk to the front office people FIRST, and only go back to my car and get the barrel after they indicate they can help me. If for any reason the whole gun takes the trip, its in a gun case, for the single purpose of calming the nervous nellies so they don't have heart attacks! :blah: :nono: :shocked2: :surrender: :hmm: :thumbsup: :wink:

A person walking into a machine shop carrying a bar of steel isn't really an oddity.

I like the idea Silverfox had,I need to remember that one.I had a bore brush come off in my Brown Bess .I got it out by getting a stiff wire and putting a very sharp bend in it.I pushed it through the bristles and pulled back hooking the brush and pulling it out.I have had no joy with those metallic bore brushes and use the plastic bristled ones since they will give and flex both ways while the others are less inclined to do so.Best regards,J.A.Post script: Oh, that would do it! Ramming a .50 calibre jag down a .45 calibre barrel! Sounds like a clanker I might drop! :rotf:

Back