• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Suggestions please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenngun said:
colorado clyde said:
use the buttstock to finish off an animal

People that do that shouldn't be allowed to hunt. :shake:
Now one time I was hunting tree rats with a senaca .36. One took to barking in a tree behind me on the right. I was sitting on the ground at the base of an oak. I leaned and twisted and took a shot at him, knocking off clutter over his head. He dashed behind the tree, and I started loading. I was just pushing the ball down when he came down his tree making a beeline to a tree in front of me on my left. He ran right across from where I was sitting and I swung my butt in John Wayne at the Alamo style, at that little fellow as he ran by.
One way or another a senaca can kill a tree rat.

Now that's style. Making a shot to drive the rat within range to whomp 'em. Bet its even tougher than barking them. :grin:

I would tell you to go hang with the shooting club, make a few acquaintances bring drinks, snacks and sandwiches, then see if you can get them to let you shoot some of their guns. If you still like the idea of the flintlock rifle buy the good one dont buy junk it's hard to get your money back for something you are not completely happy with.

Latest posts

Back