• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SVT Primitive Biathlon Feb 18 & 19

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just a reminder that even though the maple sap is
flowing, the Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon and Winter Shoot will still be held on Feb.18th and 19th regardless of the present lack of snow.

We are all hopefull that mother nature will cooperate but if not, bring a good pair of hiking mocs or boots because the "Shoot will go on"!
We will be giving away a good number of quality prizes all in an effort to raise money for the Green Mountain Youth Camps. :grin: :grin:
For more imformation on the shoot go to:[url] www.svtpb.org[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is anyone contemplating coming out to a biathlon and you live within driving distance of this biathlon, come it is a great location. The course is a nice trip through the woods and unless things have changed no really tricky targets. They also have some fun little side shooting events. Come out and join everyone it will be a good old fashion time! We are always looking for nice faces.

Snow for the biathlon would be great! But we ran ours at Hanson,Ma. without snow and Smugglers last weekend was running out of snow by Sat. p.m. Still is a great time and the people are very friendly!As in all biathlons the hosts put out a lot of effort for us to have fun, so come and support this sport. :thumbsup:

snow or not,we wouldn't miss it for anything. and we're trying to get some newbies to come with us,the more the merrier. I know anyone who tries it will be hooked!

You guys are all great.Thanks for the support and spreading the good word obout our event.. I wish I could have made it out to a few of the other events but with the 2 little kids, I guess I will have to wait until next year. Cant wait to shoot with you guys in Manchester Vt.

Brew

Hey Mighty Oak,
What's the snow situation shaping up to be for this weekend? Will I be needing my snowshoes?

Unfortunatly it looks like snowshoes will not be necessary. We are expecting sunny but cold days (good running weather). Except for the lack of snow, the course looks great. We have improved the shooting stations and added a new shooting event in addition to the Biathlon and our King of the Hill competition. We will be having our "Absoulte Marksman" competion throughout the weekend. It involves paper target shooting. 5 shots per round, highest score wins.
More shooting, more fun!
Brew

Thought you guys could use a weather update. I'm 30 min south of manchester Vt.

We got violent rain shower followed briefly by wet snow today, not enough to stick on the ground. Ground is soft now but forcast is for cold v/windy tonite and v/cold tomorrow, close to zero at night. Should freeze up most of the mud, won't need any snowshoes, but may get dusting tonite from snow squalls.

Good luck to all!

Well, we just got home from manchester, and what a great time we had! Not a bit of snow in sight but lots of fun anyways. I must admit, the student has finally exceeded the teacher- my Wife out shot me! Both times! But I've already found an excuse. The only thing I changed today was my powder measure. It came in the mail last nite from log cabin shop, and I put it right on my powder horn. It was suposed to be 50 grains but throws only 40. Between that and the unbelivably stong winds I managed to hit only 3 on my 1st run and 4 on the 2nd. Kim's .54 bucks the breeze a little better, and gave her a 4 and a 5!I still outran her, so I will be higher in the standings but not due to my shooting. As much as I hate to lose I'm proud of how much better her shooting has gotten in the last few weeks.
We are both sore and tired, but I'd go again tomorow if I could. It's great to talk and shoot with friends, the course is great and so are the hosts. There is just enough time for our legs to heal so we can do it all again next Sat. in St.Johnsbury!

It was good to get out this weekend and shoot and see all my primitive biathlon friends. Sorry I didn't get to talk to all of you longer, but the cold really got to me. It ended up causing my thumb to lock down during the king/queen of the hill event. I must say it diffently wasn't my best event. A big goose egg with my smoothbore and only six with my hawken. Oh well! I will see you all at Wabanaki, that place has always been good to me. Great Work Kim! Remember if you not in first keep trying.

Latest posts

Back