• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swamped or straight barrel? I need advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were building a rifle for a lady shooter, I would definately look no where else than a swamped barrel or octagon round. Why because of weight, mostly every lady I have ever met is not as strong as the average man. No offence intended for certain! Comfort and fit are themost important things. Why own a gun that is to muzzle heavy to comfortably hold. A "B" weight .45 cal 38" long barrel builds into a 7 1/2 lb rifle if the gun is built slim as it should be. Balanced nicely. Octagon round barreled guns can be a bit lighter. Stay a bit over 7 lbs total or recoil can be a problem even with sensible charges like 50 gr. or so. Shooting is supposed to be fun not a endurance match. Just my two cents. BJH

Back