• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swampy had a Smooth day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup:
Makin all that stuff, and using it as intended,is what got me into this to begin with,,
Gotta love it when a plan comes together,,

The blessings of many friend's "gifted talents" (in making accroutments for you) makes for an extra special hunt!!!! Congratulations and may you share many more of your days afield with us. :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Swampy,
That is one fine doe! I would rather have a good eating dear than another set of little horns. Two years ago I let about a dozen little bucks walk before a nice doe wandered in front of the sights. She canned up just fine!

Grats Swampy! :hatsoff: Nice doe and a heck of a good shot by the looks of it. :thumbsup:

"And that, class, is how it's done."
You do kinda look like a Perfessor. :wink:

I don't like to post pics with a lot of blood like that but nothing I could do really, thats how she bled...

I couldn't fail today...was so many others there in spirit with me. :haha: :thumbsup:

What a great way to end a deer season and what a great thing to have all those accroutrements made by great people here from the forum!

:hatsoff:

Way to go mister. She was 35 yards out, that is about 5 yards past the end of the barrel :rotf: I bet she had powder burns. That is close shootin :thumbsup:
That doe beat what I got this year you da man! :hatsoff:
Ron

swampy your a bad bad man. i love flintlock hunting. i am using mine instead of a gun the rest of gun season.Looks tasty
drool1.gif

Congrats Swampy!
Really makes up for last year's season, as you were down and out.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy knowing you are back in the game.
Is Prudence(?) Island in the plans for this year?
That was always a good annual story to hear told!

maybe its Providence Is??

Our Muzzloader season ends tomorrow, except for a later antlerless week after Christmas. Shotgun season opens next Saturday. I plan to alternate between my two fowlers during shotgun season, we'll see. One thing I'm hoping to do this week is to try for a couple squirrels with this gun. That would be the icing on the cake to take game by ball and shot this year. :thumbsup:

brett sr said:
Congrats Swampy!
Really makes up for last year's season, as you were down and out.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy knowing you are back in the game.
Is Prudence(?) Island in the plans for this year?
That was always a good annual story to hear told!

maybe its Providence Is??

Thanks Brett,

Unfortunately Prudence was back in October and I had to cancel again. In fact it wasn't until end of October before I had any idea I'd be able to hunt here at all. I know if other people had their way I wouldn't be...It really sucks about Prudence though. I was a fixture there for 30 straight years and now I've missed the last two. :( I'm hoping to get back on track this coming year again....

Congrats Swampy, Way to get after em' :thumbsup: . It's great to see you out again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back