• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swapping barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WALKERs210

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a TC Renegade percussion, and a CVA Flintlock. I have been looking for a 36cal rifle preferably flintlock and had the idea that it might be worthwhile to invest in additional barrels in different calibers and just swap them around on what I have now. Question is are there replacements available or would it better to just pickup complete rifles. 99% of the time they ones I have just gather dust but I was told that "HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS" Any suggestions or comments welcomed.

WALKERs210 said:
I have a TC Renegade percussion, and a CVA Flintlock. I have been looking for a 36cal rifle preferably flintlock and had the idea that it might be worthwhile to invest in additional barrels in different calibers and just swap them around on what I have now. Question is are there replacements available or would it better to just pickup complete rifles. 99% of the time they ones I have just gather dust but I was told that "HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS" Any suggestions or comments welcomed.

Ive purchased replacement barrels and for the most part am very satisfied with the situation... A barrel is going to cost $200.00-ish dollars so YOU decide if thats equitable or not VS getting a second gun. But YAH, why not!

Both of my boy's guns were 50 caliber kits, I swithced them to 45 caliber because that is what I prefer and have the supplies for.The fifty caliber barrels sit in the corner and never get used now. I think you will find that a used gun can often be purchased for the price of a replacement barrel.MORE GUNS :bow:

That's the recommendation I was looking for !! Any excuse to buy another one even its needed or not.

Latest posts

Back