• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C #7194 tang mounted peep sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TC peeps come at a premium nowadays.
There were Renegade and New Englander models produced.
Luck of the draw, in an almost ghost town in Kansas that I once got sent to on assignment there was a store that had dusty packages sitting in the racks so I bought them.

Last edited:
My Renegade came with one, one of the best deals I ever made, unfired .54 with peep sight for 30 bucks. I’m guessing it was about 30 years ago….

I missed this one for sale on another site. Crazy expensive but much more compact than the Lyman 57 I have on my Deerstalker cap.
The TC peeps are very compact and streamlined when compared to the Lyman 57. I have both mounted on different ML’s. IMO, the Lyman is the most bulkiest and worse peep ever sold. It is boxy, ugly and hangs out way too far off of the side of the rifle. So much so that I do not like laying my GPR on the left side during cleaning. The weight is all on that boxy Lyman peep. Therefore, I choose to lay it on the lock side instead.

I do not like a Lyman 57 peep but for now, I have not been able to find a better one to replace it. The only thing good about the Lyman 57 is they work, but at the expense of flat ruining the looks of a traditional ML, as well as the inconvenience.

The TC peeps are great. If you can find one, to install it you will have to drill and tap one hole in the tang. No buggy. The only down side is if you shoot heavy conical(s) it will have to be adjusted to where it sticks up quite high. Not that big of a deal once you carry the ML a while. Just have to keep in mind of perhaps brush or vines getting caught on it.

Last edited:
The TC peeps are very compact and streamlined when compared to the Lyman 57. I have both mounted on different ML’s. IMO, the Lyman is the most bulkiest and worse peep ever sold. It is boxy, ugly and hangs out way too far off of the side of the rifle. So much so that I do not like laying my GPR on the left side during cleaning. The weight is all on that boxy Lyman peep. Therefore, I choose to lay it on the lock side instead.

I do not like a Lyman 57 peep but for now, I have not been able to find a better one to replace it. The only thing good about the Lyman 57 is they work, but at the expense of flat ruining the looks of a traditional ML, as well as the inconvenience.

The TC peeps are great. If you can find one, to install it you will have to drill and tap one hole in the tang. No buggy. The only down side is if you shoot heavy conical(s) it will have to be adjusted to where it sticks up quite high. Not that big of a deal once you carry the ML a while. Just have to keep in mind of perhaps brush or vines getting caught on it.
Can you put on a lower front sight?

Can you put on a lower front sight?
Yes, probably could do that, depending on the specific application. Might not work out so well if one wanted to shoot RB as well.

On my New Englander, I’m running the stock front sight. So, a shorter one might cause one to take a pounding on the cheek bone. Recoil is fairly high with a 370 grain Maxi Ball buring 80 grains of 3F. Very accurate, however.

Last edited:
You will need this: Drill and tap set from Amazon

I bought this to drill and tap a tang. No big deal, just take your time. You will need a screw if your sight did not come with one or try to find a three-hole tang on ebay. I bought a 'spare' tang that was parted out from a Cherokee, which I hate to buy 'parts' but you can't always avoid it. I also picked up a couple 1-inch and 15/16-inch three-hole tangs a few years ago so that I had the option down the road to swap them if I got to that point with my vision.

My eyes just couldn't do the factory sights any longer so I put a #7194 model on a Cherokee. Had to add a taller fiber front sight... .490 maybe? Anyway, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 25 yards and often three touching holes. Finding a Seneca/Cherokee sight, which is smaller, is multitudes harder than finding a #7194.

I've bought five of the peeps over the years, two are laying around and I am contemplating buying a couple more Cherokee/Seneca tangs to swap out on my .36 and .45 Senecas. There is a guy on ebay that has a number of in-the-white tangs for those models. He might have spares for the Renegades and Hawken as well.

If you are going to drill/tap a tang, I would suggest buying a spare and mounting on that one, save your original just in case something goes wrong. I pulled it off... once... so either I got lucky or it isn't that hard to do. :)

I picked one up this summer in a box on a auction sold off most of the stuff I didn't have any use for and am currently into it for about half of the going ebay price for a new in box one just haven't gotten around to installing it. the disadvantage to the TC is it not easily removed if you want to use the irons in a match it's planed to go on my light bench ( TC Renagade 50 with the round ball barrel that is currently wearing a 57ml )
DSC04521.JPG
DSC04522.JPG
DSC04523.JPG

Those images show adding two screws. On any side-lock, you use the lower tang screw in the bottom hole and drill and tap a hold below the upper/top tang screw. So your sight only requires you to drill ONE hole, not two.

Latest posts

Back