• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C fans.. Rengade, Hawken, New Englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 percussion Renegades, 2 .54 and 2 .50. Two Hawkens, a percussion .54 and flint .45. I have a T/C Express .50 and a Seneca .36.

I prefer the stock and buttplate on the Renegades as opposed to the Hawkens. My favourite of all of them is a .54 Renegade.

I had a pristine .50 New Englander, but sold it.

TennesseeJed said:
I have 4 percussion Renegades, 2 .54 and 2 .50. Two Hawkens, a percussion .54 and flint .45. I have a T/C Express .50 and a Seneca .36.

I prefer the stock and buttplate on the Renegades as opposed to the Hawkens. My favourite of all of them is a .54 Renegade.

I had a pristine .50 New Englander, but sold it.

All of us are made a bit different physically. The Renegade fits me okay with a 45 1" barrel but is durn heavy for off hand shooting. The Hawken 45 15/16" GM fits my upper body strength and I can shoot it much better, especially with the cheek piece on the stock.

Thank goodness, they gave us options to chose from.

Richard, How long is the barrel on the .45 Green Mtn., and have you done any 100 yd bench shooting?
Michael

I had a. 45 Cherokee and a.50 Pennsylvania carbine . Now I'm left with a 54 Hawken, 54 Grey Hawk, and 2 New England's, one synthetic and the other a recent kit build both in fiddy and lastly a 12ga N.E. I would like to get my hands on a Big Bore. 58 and a flintlock in any style.

The 45 barrels are 33".

I have shot them off the bench, but it has been to many years to remember how well they shot. Best I remember they shot okay, ,but they are not going head to head with a bench gun. I only shoot one of them now and that is after I have run out of pistol targets to shoot.

Sold my .32 (GM) & .50 Hawken's, sold my .54 & .56SB Renegade's, and never bought a New Englander because I like octagon barrels on frontstuffers.

Howsomever, though - I am surely sweet on Cherokee's (a .45) & Seneca's (a .32 & a .45), with those nice, slender 13/16" bbls.

They pretty much do the job for me now that I'm retired, and only hunt in New England - and they for sure are an easy tote.

Yep, I have several T/C's. My fun match gun is a Hawken with a drop in .40 GM barrel in . Also had a Seneca with .36 and .32 barrels. Had a GM barrel assembled with a breech plug from Track in .40 by John Anderson in Tullahoma, TN. The last T/C I bought was a .45 White Mountain carbine that was in excellent+ condition for $50.00. My .54 New Englander did very well with round balls but was hard to load in the stock fast twist barrel. Won a bunch of local matches with that rifle. Incidentally, I also qualified a Friendship with a .45 Patriot pistol. These firearms have given very good service. Frequently, these guns have been abused or neglected. It is surprising how well they do after a good cleaning and some shooting. The company stands behind the guns and they are built like tanks. :v

ebiggs said:
My favorite TCs are not solely TC.
My idea of what makes one better is below.

IMG_4795-1.jpg

I use a GM 32”, RB barrel on each and a Davis trigger although the photo was taken before I installed it on the cap gun. Both are 50 cal. And both have buck horn sights installed. Also I added toe plates to each. I alter the stocks slightly to fit my desires and put on a nice finish.
Are they still classified as TCs? I don't know!

BTW, neither has it's lock replaced!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked2:

Nice finish indeed. I'm in the process of refinishing mine. May I ask what type of finish is on the top Hawken? and the process you used to get it. I really like that look. Thanks

My kind of gun man !!
Love mY T.C.'S.
Of course I sneak in a Lyman GPR rifle and a Lyman Plains pistol.
Vearl

Renegades in 50 and 54 with GM barrels

Hawken in 50 GM and 12 ga Toledo

Hawken in 54 with 1-66 TC barrel

Latest posts

Back