• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Flintlock rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace-Man

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Besides the .50 and .45. in the Hawken. What other, if any calibers were made. Did T/C ever make a .54 in a flint?

A friend of mine has a .54 Renegade flintlock, I tried to get it from him for a Newenglader .50 caplock,what he told me can't be repeated on this forum ,had to try

I had a Renegade .54 flinter for a few months back in the eighties. Got it on a trade and traded it off because the T/C stock doesn't fit me very well.

I know back in the 70's they made a 58 cal "Big Boar" Hawken... a buddy had one in caplock, not sure if they made it in flint

You can still get one from Fox Ridge Outfitters which is TC's customshop. I had a .54 flint renagade with a round ball twist in the barrel. The new ones have a rubber recoil pad instead of the steel buttplate like the older ones. Not very PC but a dandy hunting rifle. Kind of wish I still had it.

DEW, Thanks for the good info...I've been really wanting a TC flinter in other than their Hawken (which I love too, btw...)

The renegade was a better fit for me less hardware I prefer a plain rifle bought 2 from one of the gun auction sites-used 54 cal flint Renegade 1/3 the price of a new Hawken. They are out there. these will be used with a Coleran 1" oct. 62 cal. smooth bore turkey choked barrels 1 @ 31 " the other at 37" the chokes are very tight and require a rear sight. looking forward to this project....Dan

I have .54 Renegade flinter,rescued it from a pawnshop in Weatherford,Tx.Great rifle.

hey, just picked up a .58 renegade flinter, they tell me it was available only thru T/C custom shop, have'nt shot it yet, will let you know when i do

Latest posts

Back