• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info Dale. It shot extremely well, though not initially. For some reason the first shot was a misfire, as was the second. After removing the nipple, picking it, and then after dribbling five or six grains of powder down the flash hole it fired! After that, it fired every time without the least pause. What do y'all think could be the problem? My guess was that I had neglected to clean excess oil out of the flash hole, perhaps I'm wrong. If that is the case, I might have done it again....

csoldier,
Are you sure you cleaned/dried way down into the patent breech?Use a 32 or 35 cal. brush to clean way down there.Then wrap a patch around the brush and wipe clean,remove vent liner and you should be able to see clean patch.Also use the newer allen screw style vent liner.Much improved over older slotted screw style.

Back