• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C hawken pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Ott

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally got this thing finished.Had to do a good bit of work to get it all right, but I think it's good to go. Reshaped the stock to a more hawken type,re browned what I could,made a strap and the top swivel,Turned out well enough for me.Still a good bit from the originals.Looking forward to hunting with it in our late muzzleloader season.

003-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

Thanks Sarge,I started with a med brown aniline dye, (alcohol based)let that dry well, then went over it with black aniline,let that dry then oooo steel wooled the black down leaving it dark in certain areas,giving it and older look. Then used tung oil for the finish.

Look great i like the stock, good luck in dec. for the hunt. I am getting ready for it too with my CVA kent. rifle i put together from a kit this will be my first time out with it

neal (50 cal)

The color of the stock turned out real good OTt,was wanting to do something different with the stock of my T\c flint now I know what to try Thanks :thumbsup: .Sling looks great to.

I made a pattern out of soft wire, then cut some brass rod to length,flattened the ends and drilled a hole through them,bent it to shape. Then drilled a hole through the under rib, then pinned it on with a piece of steel rod.

The strap is just laced on through itself for easy removal. cleaning and such.

Thanks all.

Steve, I have been frontloading for several years now.Got a 45 lancaster,54 plains rifle,(ten pounder) and now a 50 t/c. Been figureing on a 32 or 36 flint gun lately.Never made a flinter,but been reading alot on here, and am just about to pull the trigger on something. Over run with tree rats.

Back