• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a .54 T/C Hawken last week on a trade. She's in excellent shape, and I plan on totin' her to the deer woods, but I've never cared for the bulky adjustable sights. Anybody ever put fixed sights on one? Any suggestions?

That is a great question. I am kind of interested in doing the same thing with my Renegade and look forward to hearing more about this subject.

TC made a set that replaced them. The base screwed in the holes and the base had a dovetail so you could drift the back V. This is the back sight. It had a different sight for the front, was a straight(Patridge) blade. That went into dovetail on front. I have a set, not for sale. These were made to shoot in primitive matches where you had to have fixed sights. Front part no 9060. Backis 9070. These fit Hawken, Reneglade, and Penn. Hunter. Mine were 8.00 each. Dilly

My Hawken had a big modern rear sight on it that would not come down enough to work so I took one off of a 94 Winchester and put it on the hawken just to get by. But I like it and plan on leaving it on it. It looks good too.

Do you have a picture of that sight change?
And what did you do with the front sight? I would like to change the sights on my Hawken. My Renegade has a thick blade front sight, and a flat top adj. rear sight. I like it much better than the Hawken.

I have a TC Hawken .45 and .50 and would be interested in a fixed rear and blade front as well. Would like to give it a try anyway and see how I like it compared to the factory adjustables.

Why couldn't a feller just order fixed sights from ...say....TOW for example and takeoff the old T/C ones install the front sight in the Dovetail provided and Cut a dovetail for the rear one and install that one.Not that big of a job.

A little change of direction but they are small, sleek, and IMHO sexy...... :wink:
Peep sights can be very low profile expecially the "ghost ring" and williams. Both fairly stout and VERY accurate. Just FYI

Hi DannyB,
Check out this sight from the Gun Works.. http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun.cfm?ProductID=906&do=detail&Cat2Option=yes . I also recently picked up a .54 T/C Hawken off one of the auction sites. Didn't get a chance to shoot any balls, but she shoots the Lee 380 grain .54 REAL bullet real nice out to 100 yards.After shooting a lot of Lyman GPRs, this T/C Hawken is a handy, accurate little rifle. I hope you enjoy yours :thumbsup: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you thought about a tang sight? I have read good things about the tang sight and am considering putting one on my Hawken.

Cowpoke, if'n you was talking about the full buckhorn, I like it! I ain't the best at dove-tailing, and I like the idea of screws holding it in place. I'll probably go with that and a blade front sight.

Many thanks.

Danny,
Give the folks at the Gun Works a call. They are some nice people to work with. They may even suggest a front sight that will go with that rear sight. Never really thought about it, but I just might consider this for my own.

Latest posts

Back