• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Seneca Lock Disassembly

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kencolamarino

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to disassemble a Seneca lock? Specifically how to remove the mainspring. The mainspring guide is attached to the tumbler so I can't figure it out. It isn't removed like a T/C hawken lock. Everything else looks pretty straight forward. I rather ask than remove the bolster screws and start messing around with it, although it looks like that's the way you do it.

Q: Is there a problem with the rifle that you have to take the lock apart?? When I don't have problems, I leave things alone! If you have a problem I'd recommend you send the rifle back to TC and have them fix it. They will do it for the cost of shipping it to them and they will pick up the cost of everything else. If you do ship it back to TC since the Seneca's are older rifles, I'd recommend you have TC go throught the trigger group as well. They rebuilt my Seneca lock and replaced my trigger for free. This is the reason many of us here purchase TC rifles, cause if you have a problem they will fix it.

PaBorn,
I agree with Rat Trapper and Wattsy..If you are having any problems with your Seneca let T/C
take care of it.You might first want to call T/C
and talk to one of their tec people.May be something you can handle yourself with their
help. T/C is notorius for great customer
service IMHO
snake-eyes

Back