• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C White Mountain carbine for a Newbie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my first one in 90 or 91 (ordered through a local gun shop)but i can't remember the serial number so i'm of no help there. If they were first produced in 89 though, i'd bet yours is a 1st or 2nd year gun. Not sure either if the 1:20 twist barrels came first or the 1:38?

mine is a 1990/91 and the number is 10235, the box and paper work has it listed as a 1:20 twist. the first ones to be made were the 1:38 rifled for any type round and the last were 1:20 to be used with the sabots and pistol bullets.

Hmmm, 8910 vs 10235 means your gun was only about 1,300 guns apart from mine in the production run. I've seem WMC serial numbers reported as high as 34,XXX, so I'm thinking mine might indeed be a first or second year of production gun if production started in 1989. Interesting. I'll definitely have to check that rate of twist now, as I have read in other posts that the 1:20-twist guns were the earlier production models and the 1:38 were the later. I'll be curious to see if anyone can reply with a higher serial number or any information on when production might have ended.

BTW, Toppocolo, what's your favorite load for your 1:20 WMC? I'd like to hunt deer with mine eventually, so I'd appreciate any recommendations you might have on accurate and effective loads for that purpose.

the only load that i found to be good enough to do what i wanted was 90grs of powder and a projectile that is not allowed to be discussed on this site. but when loaded with that round it was deadly out to a 100yds.

when i bought mine the gun shop had a list of t/c guns that were available and it had both twist listed for the wmc. so at some time during the run both were being made at the same time.

Back