• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C White Mountain

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a search in the Percussion Rifles forum, theres been several threads on this gun.

I bought one when they first came out, a 1-20 twist .50 cal and really liked it the short time I used it.

I have a .54 in Percussion. I've had it since they came out with it too. Mines a 1:48 and I dropped a bunch of deer with it.
Light and easy to carry, I keep the shots somewhat short due to the barrel length. Pretty accurate to 80 yds shooting a round ball. Not too bad considering the short barrel .

Another one I wish I had back!
Mine was 50 cal, and it did a good job with RB out to about 70 yds, and was a tack driver with conicals, and those other pills we don't talk about :grin:

I've got one in percussion with a 1:48 twist, fast twist means conicals, short barrel means easy carry. It loves the deer.

I think you would like it.

Is this your first or do you have others to compare to?

Grey Hawk

I got 2 of em, 1 for my daughter she killed her 1st deer w/it fall before last. i like em short and sweet!!

Extremely maneuverable and this gun shoulders well when you are piled up with heavy clothing. I have a big bore though and I keep that gun for those purposes since it handles the same. I piked up a .50 cal flint this weekend at the gun show to peddle.

I too had a .54 and sold it a couple of years back. It shot T/C maxi hunters really well, but not round balls. I shot one small mulie buck at a dead run from about 30 feet and it swung just like a little double side-by-side on quail. Dropped him like a rock, but it was probably the luckiest shot (and probably one of my poorest choice) shots ever. It was a great little gun in the brush with that short barrel.

Dave

No doubt a great little rifle for the brush. I had one that was comfortable to shoot with 70-80 grains of FFg. If I went over that it would let me know on the back end. T/C installed a rubber recoil pad on that rifle with good reason.

I have a 50 cal percussion that I purchased in 1992. With the fast twist I've settled on 80 gr of fffg behind an op wad and a 350 gr Maxi Hunter. Sighted it in for 50 yds. Good gun, the shorter barrel makes it light and manuverable. I am comfortable shooting at a deer sized target out to 75 yds . Beyond that the short sight radius of the barrel makes it difficult for someone like me to be comfortable.

It loves Deer, But Deer don't love it.
140# Doe a couple years ago.
IMG_2278.jpg

Back