• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tags; what are you in for

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was notified yesterday that after at least 16 years of applying for an Arizona bull elk muzzleloader tag in 6A I finally drew. Will be headed to Arizona with the 58 caliber flinter in early November. :thumbsup:

Dave

58 caliber said:
Well I was notified yesterday that after at least 16 years of applying for an Arizona bull elk muzzleloader tag in 6A I finally drew. Will be headed to Arizona with the 58 caliber flinter in early November. :thumbsup:

Dave

SWEET!!! :thumbsup:

I put in for 6 tags; a couple for just preference points, a couple for center fire rifle and a doe dear and cow elk ml rifle.
I have yet to make meat with a ml rifle but am getting close to getting to that honey hole for elk in San Juan mtn wilderness. Just a little more climbing.

Four of us here from Owego NY and a friend from Seattle drew and all have had the credit cards hit but no formal note from AZ. One drew archery and four muzzleloader. All for 6A. We all have been applying for many years and finally.....oh except the friends son who put in for archery -- first time and he draws. Go figure. :thumbsup:

Dave

I have the Wy cow tag, I just put in for Muzzleloader bull elk in Colorado Unit 62, and I put in for a rifle season buck tag (so I can hunt with my wife cousin and son). I plan to hunt all three with my .54 flintlock :grin:

Talking about a doe pronghorn tag in Wy as well, they are $35 & you get to fish too so :idunno:

I think I have a do it before your dead bug bitting me or something :haha:

Wow -- you are going to be a busy boy but I am sure you will have a fantastic time of it. Good luck. :thumbsup: I am waiting on Utah. They don't publish results until mid to late May. Starting to practice for Arizona. :grin:

Dave

I changed my applying tactics this year.

I was saving points for a unit I love for deer, but in Colorado the points needed have been going up nearly as fast as you gain points :(

That is to say, if you would need 3 points to draw this year and you have only 1, two years from now when you have saved up 2 more points and have the 3 needed, the unit will likely take 4 or even 5 points to draw :doh:

So I am working to find units that I can draw 5 years out of 10 or better.

At 50 I would rather hunt meat bucks 5 times then hunt a nice set of antlers once or twice :idunno:

Muzzleloader tag for Elk in Colorado. I should draw a tag this year with any luck at all. :)

Larry

Back