• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tawny Timber Snakes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Kansan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this and then go on the road and check things next week when I get back. Hope you folks enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

...The Kansan...

"Shoots From The Clouds and the Tawny Timber Snake"

From Bayou Salade up to th

A BIG THANK YOU FOR THAT POST!!!!!
snake-eyes :applause: :master: :applause: :master:

Wonderful story Kansan, Now DH thinks I lost my mind.. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes... well until he read it to :crackup: :crackup: :haha:

Note to self... dont have a cup of ANYTHING kind of liquid in hand when reading a story from Kansan :haha:

Slamfire, Snake eyes, Cookie,

Thanks Much! Glad you enjoyed it. (Guess you must've been the only ones :hmm:) Thought maybe if I got a good enough response, I'd post a few more original pieces from time to time. Whatcha' think?

...The Kansan...

I think ya should go ahead and post some of your stuff from time to time. Just because you didn't get more replies, doesn't mean nobody else liked it. Some of us are just to lazy to reply to everything. ::

Some of us are just to lazy to reply to everything. ::

Yeah, and some of us don't get a chance to get everything read everyday. Go ahead, send us more Kansan. (Ever think about a book?)

Just read your story! Super fine!! Please post more as you feel like it. :redthumb:

Kansan, I would love to read more of your stories... when you have the time and desire to post em....always enjoy a story that tickles the funny bone... :haha:

Well Don,now that my eyesight has cleared from laughing so hard I can tell you how much I enjoyed the story.Keep them coming Amigo.Best regards,Paul

Now see what happens. I get to working and miss some reading. I don't have time now so I printed it out. Will read it when I get home. But we have some wonderful story tellers out there. Don't stop just because we (us folks reading this) don't answer right away. It is so hard to get up off the floor and back on the 'puter after reading some of this that we are just slow!

Great story. :crackup:
Please post more of them.
Or put them in a book I Will buy one or more.
:thumbsup:

Tawny snakes, and cap tin in the fire, what a hoot.k More than a little skallywag in ya. Keep them coming. Ya got a touch of William Service in ya. Bill

Kansan - Them Utes must of really had a sense of humor :haha: :crackup: :crackup: Please post more whenever you see fit! :applause: :applause: :redthumb:

Please post more. That made me laugh all day every time I thought about it.
IronMan

Thought maybe if I got a good enough response, I'd post a few more original pieces from time to time. Whatcha' think?

Post away, Kansan, that was great. I didn't reply earlier because I just got around to reading this board. I usually check General Interests when i'm here, but havent done so in my last couple visits.

Keep up the good work and post it. I'll be taken a copy to elk camp this fall to read to those pitched around the stove in the evening.

Thanks everyone! Positive response goes a long ways towards making my random scribblings seem worthwhile. For what it's worth, anyone who read my article "Primitive Scouts and Cross Time Encounters" in the March issue of Muzzle Blasts has already "met" Shoots From the Clouds; He is my best friend and buckskinnin' partner, Cord Sprague. Shoots from the clouds is his camp name. I wrote this piece for him last year about this time.

Thanks again for the positive feedback. I've been writing, off and on, for near 'bout as long as I can remember and Robert W. Service was my dad's favorite poet as well as one of my favorites.

I don't want to flood this forum with my stuff - Mostly because I don't want anyone to get tired of it - But I will continue to post a different piece from time to time... Provided I continue to receive the encouragement to do so...

Y.M.H.O.S

...The Kansan...

I'll tell ya what..I think it is the best thing since sliced bread! Hilarious!! Keep up the good work. I really enjoyed it. Also had a lot of fun with it. I love making folks laugh and I love it even more if I can confuse 'em. Believe it or not...went to one of my favorite coffee hangouts and told the spiel to a waitress there..a shortened version to be sure...my GOD! First thing she asks is if they live in CO...I mean the snake...she swallowed the whole line about a fur covered snake hook line and sinker!!!

Back