• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC .45 Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Previous owner, could be his wife, daughter, the gun’s name or even the owner’s name.
Inherited a TC .50 Hawken last year. Getting ready to stamp my late friend’s name, date of birth and date of death on it. I added the brass nails around the buttplate, patchbox and wrist like he wanted to do. Based on a rifle his grandfather had in his collection. That original is at the Kit Carson Trading Post on the Philmont Scout Ranch outside Cimmaron NM.
Every used gun has a story, not often complete.

Previous owner, could be his wife, daughter, the gun’s name or even the owner’s name.
Inherited a TC .50 Hawken last year. Getting ready to stamp my late friend’s name, date of birth and date of death on it. I added the brass nails around the buttplate, patchbox and wrist like he wanted to do. Based on a rifle his grandfather had in his collection. That original is at the Kit Carson Trading Post on the Philmont Scout Ranch outside Cimmaron NM.
Every used gun has a story, not often complete.
If old guns could tell their stories!

If you name your guns with some "cute catchy" name that's fine but please don't engrave the name on the gun UNLES you and your family plan on KEEPING that gun FOREVER. Engraving a cute catchy name on a gun in my opinion is DUMB other than the maker or owner's name.
Not too long ago I purchased a very nice rifle that had the side plate engraved with a woman's name on it. I had to make another side plate that matched the original and had it engraved WITHOUT the name which added cost to the rifle. Again, MY OPINION.

When my uncle passed he left me a little money. I purchased a Ruger No. 1 RSI with that money and had the gun engraved with his HS nickname "Little Gus". I knew that doing so it would lower the resale value, but, on the other hand, that would make me less likely to trade it off down the road.

Latest posts

Back