• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC back in shape

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought a TC Hawken from one of the gang here and it arrived with a broken hammer screw. Called TC and they said send it in; we're about 8 weeks out. Well, not quite two weeks later, FedEx just brought me my rebuilt lock, repaired free. With the new GM .40 drop-in barrel mounted,I can't wait to get to the range and send some of those little .395 "blue peas" downrange.
I have to tip my hat to TC for very fine service.

BillinOregon said:
Bought a TC Hawken from one of the gang here and it arrived with a broken hammer screw. Called TC and they said send it in; we're about 8 weeks out. Well, not quite two weeks later, FedEx just brought me my rebuilt lock, repaired free. With the new GM .40 drop-in barrel mounted,I can't wait to get to the range and send some of those little .395 "blue peas" downrange.
I have to tip my hat to TC for very fine service.
Year in year out TC's service is second to none.

Note: I used to have a bad habit of over torqing screws, nuts, and bolts in the mistaken belief that if I could somehow "power weld" them together they'd never come loose...after shearing off a few as a young man I wised up and started using just a drop of 'blue loctite' or 'guntite'.

And in your example, what makes the TC hammer screw particularly vulnerable to over-torquing is the size of the wide flat head...is suggests a pretty robust screw must be underneath that wide head but as you know its just a skinny little thing.

I had the same problem with a used T/C lock I bought last year. Sent it in and had it back about a week and a half later.

TC really does stand behind their products. Great customer service and great products.

I thought the barrel made the gun muzzle heavy so i had it cut down to 28in. This made a world of difference in the way the gun handles and is still very accurate. My 11yr. old son can shoot it offhanded and also shot his first squrril with blackpowder last season.

Back