• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Hawken 12 Gauge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A year or so ago I picked up a 12 gauge percussion barrel for a TC hawken. It is octagon to round, says Black Powder Only 12 ga. The maker stamp is Toledo Armas and there is some other stampings that I don't know what they mean but it appears to me to be Spanish made. I have not shot it yet. Anyone have or use one of these?? Thanks.

I bought mine from Navy arms about 25 or 30 yrs. ago. Made a wonderful light easy swinging gun.
I shot trap with it a lot, works better in a Renagade or some stock with a shotgun buttplate.
I reported it here once or twice but all the "know it alls" here assured me that it would blow up if I looked at it crooked. I shot the heck out of it with some heavy loads with no problem except a black and blue shoulder from the light weight. Has a chromed bore, is slightly choked. I think I paid $26 for it new, shot it for 25 yrs. or so and sold it a month or so ago to a friend who says he loves it, he has it on a Renegade stock. I shot some PRBs but they didn't work well because of the choke. Enjoy.
Deadeye

Right it was made by Toledo Armas in Spain.
The other marks are the Spanish proof marks.
Deadeye

Interesting that it fits the Renegade as well. The Hawken is 15/16ths and the Renegade is is one inch. I'll have to try it as I have several of both. Thanks for the information. Will give it a try this week.

58 caliber said:
Interesting that it fits the Renegade as well. The Hawken is 15/16ths and the Renegade is is one inch. I'll have to try it as I have several of both. Thanks for the information. Will give it a try this week.

Almost right!

The .45 and .50 caliber Hawkens are 15/16", but .54 caliber Hawkens are 1".

All Renegades are 1" regardless of caliber.

Yep I understand. What I meant was that it is interesting he told me the barrel would fit either my Hawken or Renegade. I have it installed in a 15/16ths Hawken now so am going to try a Renegade. Would think it would be sloppy fitting going to the 1" barrel channel in the renegade. I do have a 54 Hawken flintlock as well with a 1" barrel.

That sounds like a handy set up to have. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled in the hopes of finding one. If it came down to it, it probably wouldn't be too hard to fabricate. Then gauge/length would be optional.

Latest posts

Back