• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC peepsight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bub524

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I see TOW has a TC tang peepsight listed under the sights section on their site. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this sight. I would suspect it is very well made as is the rest of the things coming from TC.
Firewalker
TMA 137

Bub said:
I see TOW has a TC tang peepsight listed under the sights section on their site. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this sight. I would suspect it is very well made as is the rest of the things coming from TC.
Firewalker
TMA 137

If you're not aware of it, TC still makes peep sights for it's own rifles...catalog at[url] www.tcarms.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a T/C Hunting peep sight on my T/C Hawken and another on a Greyhawk. They're a big help to 60 year old eyes. Hoping to put one on one of my Black Mountain Magnums.

It's compact, very sturdy and well made, but a little tricky to adjust. The piece the aperture is mounted on threads in and out for elevation and moves side to side for azimuth. Allen screws lock both motions.

I also put the Lyman 57 aperture sight on my GPR and it works well too. It's much larger and clunkier than the TC sight but has click adjustments. Actually I think it's more sight for the money, but in this application less may be more. The GPR is pre-drilled for the Lyman 57.

Both of my TC aperture sights were installed by FoxRidge. I sent them the tang when I ordered the sight and they drilled it for a fee. Doesn't look hard to do if you've got a drill press and a set of taps.

I've had no problem with the sights retaining their zero when the barrel is removed for cleaning.

If your gun is hitting where you want with your open sights, leave them on until the aperture sight is installed. Then adjust the aperture sight until you see a normal sight picture on the open sight centered in the aperture. Then you can lock your aperture sight adjustments and remove the open sight. If you do this you'll find that the aperture sight is very close to being zeroed. When I've done it this way it's been right on.
FWIW
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Roundball,
I beleive the one at Track is made by TC for the Hawken and Renegade. But I'll take a look at the TC catalog just to be sure they're the same.
Thanks all.
Firewalker
TMA 137

Bub; I really like the T/C Hunting Style Tang Sight. I have it on several of my T/C Percussion Muzzleloaders. It comes up fast, and gets right on the target. I did replace the T/C apereature with Williams, 3/8 X .093" twilight aperatures. They screw right in. I find the T/C aperature hard to use in low light conditions. Of course you could drill a bigger hole in it. Also I have painted a white dot on the bead front sight, which helps me with quick target alignment.

Two of my three T/C Hawkens have the T/C tang sights mounted on them.
Very sturdy little sights which work very well.

I have T/C tang peep sights, on three of my five White Mountain carbines, and on one, of my two Renegades. My T/C High Plains Sporter, came with the peep sight, as the factory sights.

I kept the original "bead style" front sights on my T/C rifles that I have put the peep sights on. Plenty of elevation adjustment. I had the peep sights installed by the T/C service dept. They reccomend using the original front sight, or the fiber optic front sight, # 7748.

Williams, 3/8 X .093" twilight
How does it work in early morning,I have a hunter peep on the hawkens with the front fiber optic sight,I also redrilled the peep with a 1/64 drill seem to let alot of light in but I wonder how it would compare to the williams set up?

The Williams Twilight Aperature has a gold ring on it, that helps in low light conditions. I have it on my .54 T/C White Mountain Carbine which I hunt with, and I like it. I use the T/C standard "bead style" front sight, with a white dot painted on it. With your front, being a fiber optic it should work O.K. Try it, under $10.00!

I use a T/C peep on my GreyHawk, paired with a Williams .375W dovetail firesight bead. Both are excellent sights. The setup works better than the red dot sights on my other guns.

I also use the T/c peep on my White Mtn Carbine. I did alter my front sight to a post instead of a bead as that seems to work better for me.
Landngroove, I have a question since you seem to prefer the White Mtn carbine as I do. Any ideas as to where I might locate a .54 caliber barrel for the carbine. I've been looking for several months now with no luck. My fifty cal is great but I would like to be able to shoot roundballs also. CJ.

I installed the T/C tang peep on my .54 T/C. It works great! I love it.

I've been shooting "peep" since my army days and am the most comfortable with them, and I shoot it more accurately too.

It's not hard to install yourself, but you better use a drill press.

I have the tang peep sight on my percussion Renegade along with the fiber optic front sight. It works great. The only thing I would like better is if the front sight wasn't so tall. I had to adjust the peep way up to use the fiber optic front sight with it.
I didn't have any trouble getting on target with the peep when the old heart was pounding & it was time to make smoke & meat.....
FlintlockBuck.jpg

I don't believe the .54 caliber White Mountain Carbine Barrel will fit a .50 caliber stock. the .50, is 15/16" across the flats, and the .54, is 1" across. That is to say that the barrel channel on your .50, is too narrow. An alternitive may be to call the T/C custom shop, at Fox Ridge Outfitters, and inquire about the Fox Ridge Carbine .50 caliber barrel. I believe this will fit the White Mountain Carbine stock, and is 1 in 48" twist. It is a 21" octagonal barrel, with fiber optic sights. You could also check Ebay, for a .54, they sometimes have T/C stocks, and barrels on auction.

Thanks,

I thought that might be the case but was told they are the same size. I have taken two nice deer with my Wht Mtn Carbine lately. One shot each. CJ.

Back