• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Renegade Shooting Eratic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of great suggestions here. I have several friends who ocassionally shot ml and I will pass this thread on to them for a good start.

RenegadeRoundballer.jpg
This is out of my 25 year old Renegade. At one time this rifle could not hit the side of a barn. As roundball was saying, I took that rifle back to bare metal, and I mean clean. And I have kept it that way ever since.

An easy way to tighten your wedge to check it, is with duct tape. I wrap a small piece through the barrel wedge eye and then the pin fits much tighter. It is important to keep that barrel snug.

I own four Renegades and a couple Hawkins .. all Thompson Center rifles, and everyone of them is an exceptional shooter with roundball...

Clean clean clean :bow:

I quite using yellow lube as a seasoner. The idea your barrel is to be seasoned like a cast iron pan is not a good one.

CI pots and pans have a rough surface. Seasoning fills those imprefections up to keep food from sticking.

I had to lap a 45 barrel this year & she brought it right in on target.

50 yards offhand 13 shots fired in

bpb said:
I quite using yellow lube as a seasoner.

I agree that NL1000 should not be allowed to build up in bores and have a very vigorous cleaning procedure to ensure that doesn't happen to mine...but I still use NL1000 exclusively for a lube as it's an excellent one.

I just keep it cleaned out of the bores after every use so it can't build up, using steaming hot soapy water and a couple dozen quick strokes with a bore brush every time...keeps the bores at the bare raw metal factory condition...accuracy remains superb in all of them

Back