• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Seneca 36?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Napper

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I was in the gun shop today and came across a TC seneca 36cal for 350.00 was wondering if this was a fair price or high? looked like it was in good shape but had only peep site on so would have to get right site for it thanks tomm

Tom Norton said:
came across a TC seneca 36cal for 350.00 was wondering if this was a fair price or high?
While that might not be an outrageous price, it does seem to be in the "fairly high" price range for a Seneca, thus it should be in excellent condition.
I'm curious though, did you find the stock to fit comfortably?

didn't sholder the thing just looked it over. wouldn't mind haveing a small bore but doin't want to pay to munch thanks tomm

The price is fair if it's in good condition. I have been looking at them as well and they are hard to come by in .36. They were well made rifles.

If the peep sight is the TC model made for the Seneca some much the better. They rarely come up for sale and a peep sight IMHO is the next best thing to a scope.

If the barrel is in good shape as well as the stock in good condition without any cracks or serious dings or chips, you have a desireable find.
The Seneca .36 is relatively rare, and collectable.
Also the .36 Seneca is one outstanding squirrel rifle, the will shoot with much more expensive rifles, and most likely come out on top.
You could not make a rifle like it for the same price.
Best Regards
Old Ford

That's not a bad price for a Seneca at all. I don't often see them for any less than $350-400. The .36 is a bit more rare than the .45 too, from what I can tell. Grab it while you can. They're quite sought after now.

One thing to consider... is the peep sight installed so that non-factory holes were drilled?

If yes, this affects resale price/desireability.

Here in Northern California a $350 .36 Seneca, unmodified, in very good condition/very good bore would be a fair deal and likely to sell quickly.

:hatsoff:

Let me tell ya, If you don't want it, PM me. I would probably drop $350 for it.

I been lookin for a 36 Seneca to go with my 45. I got two boys and they will need them.

Headhunter

:thumbsup: (big grin) Yup headhunter I got one of them little .36 cal Senacas stuck back in my gun cabinet for my "Greatgrand daughter" if she has any interest, problem is she's only 7 mo old so it may be a year or two before she can ram that ball down tight. :grin:
Halfstock

Sounds fair to me. Not an easy to come by rifle and they are good shooters. If it is a TC peep sight, to me it would add value as I like them. If you want to return it to the original rear sight just call TC and order one.

well you all are right they doin't last long on the market its gone and in only two days.
well maby next time. tomm

Back