• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Seneca .45 - early edition specs for point of reference

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditt44

36 Cl.
Reaction score
More for a point of reference to help others with some basic information on this serial number.

A new-to-me Seneca
Serial #152xx I assume fairly early in the production run.
Best bore/rifling measurements I can get is .4515
My math tells me rifle groove depth of .0075
Twist rate was a surprise: 1:56 three times measured and 14" for a 1/4 turn.

I have seen a few posts professing 1:56 and still expected mine to be 1:48. Seeing as I prefer to shoot round balls, I am very pleased. I don't believe this gun was fired much and have been slowly working on smoothing out some rough edges which cut patches in my first range session. I am looking forward to a lot more time with this one as it shoots pretty well as it is.

I have a 4 digit serial number Seneca in 45 cal that I received as a graduation gift in 1974. Ser # 23xx. Purchased at Lew Horton's in Framingham, MA. I have added a 32 cal barrel to it that I built 20 years ago. It is an awesome rifle. T/C always claimed the twist rate to be 1/48". Curious. I have never measured mine.

Back