• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tennessee Valley Manufacturing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:: Looking for any feedback on Fowlers made by Tennessee Valley Manufacturing. Thakns :peace:

I've got one of Matt's English Fowlers in 20ga n love it, the wood to metal fit is great n it shoots much better then I can anymore. They are great people to deal with and I've never heard anything bad about them yet. If yer thinking on getting a gun from them I say "GO FOR IT"! ya won't be sorry.YMHS Birdman

:: Looking for any feedback on Fowlers made by Tennessee Valley Manufacturing. Thakns :peace:

My understanding is Matt's works is better than Jack's the previous owner of TVM.
:results:

TVM's rifle are great but this is my experence.

If you own a TC, Great Plains Rifle, or any other commercialy available rifle. You will be more than happy with TVM. If you have custom guns, you'll be able to see the difference. Matt and Toni are fantastic people and put out a terrific gun for the money.

SP

The TVM fowler is not a copy of any existing original that I am aware of. However it is well made and the lock is very reliable. I have had mine for 4 years and it is my favorite hunting fowler. It is neither fancy nor purely authentic, but it is a great shooter both in the field and at matches. I use a Rapine .600 ball patched with ticking and lubed with bore butter over 70 grs 2FG. I place a 20 ga over powder wad and
let 'er rip. Shoots real well. I recommend this fowler without reservation.

I met with the Avants at the SW Rondy this week. Looked over about 20-30 of their rifles and guns. Nice people, good workmanship. As to the statement about Jack Garner's guns, I disagree. I don't know about the very early guns from TVM (the ones I saw looked good to me), but guns I have seen marked Jack Garner were all well made and compare very favorably to Matt's guns. Jack sells parts and "kits" now and has a website. :m2c:

I was at the SW Rondy this weekend also, and Looked over TVM's guns and a nice chat with them. Seemed like good people willing to work with you. and they sure had some perdey rifle guns.
I did slober all over a Tulley he had :p I had me shots so it OK :peace:

Mike sure sorry I missed you up there, would like to have had a face to put with the name.

Hairsmith

Think it was 1999 went TVM (Garner OWNED) was out in Phoenix @ the Western Shoot.

They had a Tent, and about 40+ rifles For Sale. I look at an Early Virginia Style and VASELATED on it for 3 or 4 days.

I passed as Personally Felt the Quality from Fifle to Rifle was not consistent in my Opinion.

TVM

I think there is some confusion here because there are two TVM's. The Crazy Frenchman asked about Tennessee Valley Manufacturing which is Jack Garner's current business.
Several replies spoke of Matt & Toni Avants, current owners of Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading, which used to be Jack Garner's but ain't no mo. :what: :huh:

:thumbsup:Thanks for the feed back, I do understand the differance between the two companies. Thanks to all, Crazy Frenchman

Boy, now we are getting confused! I don't know if Jack Garner has a website but if so it sure ain't "JackieBrown".
Jack Garner, Tennessee Valley Manufacturing, is in Corinth, MS. phone 662-286-5014. Don't believe he has a web, at least I don't know of it.

[/color] PASS & RUN from Jackie Brown :( :curse: :( :curse: [/b]

Is Jackie Brown not a reputable gunmaker? I have read that quite a few people like his smoothbores? What experiences have you guys had?

there are tons of discussions on J. Brown and J. Garner and TVM etc, in the archives.

Latest posts

Back