• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Alamo film

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too like Patrick Wayne. I was really suprised on how well he did in "Rustler's Rhapsody" as the "Bad" guy.

Do you realize that he's almost 70 now? Blew my mind.
I still picture him the way he looked as a young man in the Green Berets and as Pat Garret in Young Guns.

I like Patrick Wayne as well ... think about this too .. Ethan Wayne is in his 40's now! :eek:

My understanding that Aissa (close to 50 now! :cry:) and Pilar may be there at the Waynamo "Alamo" Showing in October! We do not know who else yet!

Davy

What a great thread. From Movies and muzzleloaders to actors, Bowie knives, gun makers, period correct dress, Flint or Percussion, good acting, bad acting and Chili.
I spent some time at Fort Sam in the early 60's, and being from the Northeast I was thrilled to see the Alamo. I have some 8mm film of my buddies and me taken at the Alamo.( I had a lot more hair then and it was black). Well after reading this thread I want to see the movie with my favorite actor John Wayne, and eat a big bowl of hot Chili, Texas style.
Thanks to all who added to this thread :thanks:

Yagee :front:

this is my second post on this muzzleloading forum so please bare with me. The Alamo is one place's that I want to visit after I retire. I saw John Waynes Alamo movie years ago and realized that to make a movie just parts of the story has to be true. I have not seen this newer version yet but I will see if I can find it. I dont know if they used the real names of the other men at the Alamo But if they did they would of used my gggrandfathers name Gorden C. Jennings the oldest person who fought at the Alamo, He died at the age of 56

I thought Crockett was the elder at the Alamo he turned 50 during the siege. Most of the books I have read about the Alamo states this.
:redthumb:
Redwing

Back