• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Alamo film

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john wayne was a horrible actor. his voice was always the same the same look hardly any expression he was bad at acting face it

john wayne was a horrible actor. his voice was always the same the same look hardly any expression he was bad at acting face it

Negative ::

I think you need to view some more of his films! No other actor starred in more films than him!

Some of my favorites

The Shootist
Rio Lobo
True Grit
The War Wagon
The Sons of Katie Elder
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Rio Bravo
The Searchers
Sands of Iwo Jima
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Fort Apache
Red River
Stagecoach

Mule

Who else lights a ciggarete with a lantern chimney :D

Mule Brain,

I watched Red River as a kid [long time ago] & have to say, it wasn't all that bad for a John Wayne movie. I don't really dislike the man, its just that John Wayne played John Wayne in all the movies he made. :peace:

Thomas

Why all the hatred for John Wayne? I don't think you'll have much luck convincing his fans he was terrible. Many of those same fans are decendents of Alamo defenders or other early Texans as well.

If you had a point, it is lost on those you're preaching it to.

Give me a break, why don't you read the other posts, before you post! NO one said anything about hating John Wayne & no one is trying to convince you or anyone else of anything.

Oh okay, if I don't care for John Wayne's acting then I'm talking bad about the defenders of the Alamo & their decendents? That has to be the most asinine thing I've ever heard. You know, a mind is a terrible thing to waste Pal.

Thomas

Just my two cents on John Wayne...good actor..bad actor..whatever. The fact is he was a role model for one hell of a lot of youngsters. The fact is..I have yet to see any actor after him even coming close to filling his shoes...IMO. Oh, one other[url] thing...aside[/url] from perhaps one or two "modern" actors....Wayne talked like a[url] man...in[/url] his films acted like a man..and IMO...was a man...not like most of the palefaced, wimpy, PC, woman voiced actors we see today. I guess one could say the same for Robert Mitchum and George C. Scott. Same breed... As long as I'm on a rant...the majority of male singers we hear today..what happened...thier voice never changed from a kid's to a man's that had some gravel in it? No...I would not walk across the street today to meet what we have for male actors or singers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my two cents on John Wayne...good actor..bad actor..whatever. The fact is he was a role model for one hell of a lot of youngsters. The fact is..I have yet to see any actor after him even coming close to filling his shoes...IMO. Oh, one other[url] thing...aside[/url] from perhaps one or two "modern" actors....Wayne talked like a[url] man...in[/url] his films acted like a man..and IMO...was a man...not like most of the palefaced, wimpy, PC, woman voiced actors we see today. I guess one could say the same for Robert Mitchum and George C. Scott. Same breed... As long as I'm on a rant...the majority of male singers we hear today..what happened...thier voice never changed from a kid's to a man's that had some gravel in it? No...I would not walk across the street today to meet what we have for male actors or singers.

Of note ... at the Wayne "Alamo" Filmfest in Brackettville, Texas in Oct 22 we have just heard that a number of the Wayne family will be in attendance for the showing! Along with other cast members possibly even Joan O'Brien (Ms Dickinson) and Aissa Wayne( Angelina Dickinson) ... WOW should be a great time!
:shocking: ::

Davy

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldnt walk across the street anyway for a male actor but most of all john wayne i think this is a very stupid thing to be fighting over john wayne (bad actor ) on a muzzle loading forum but anyway just because he was in alot of movies doesnt make him a good actor a good actor can change their expression voice and be good at it john wayne could never be nothing but the same old john wayne he cant change his voice to make expression and feeling hardly far from a good actor :blah: :crackup: :yakyak: :eek:ff: :imo: :snore:

i wouldnt walk across the street anyway for a male actor but most of all john wayne i think this is a very stupid thing to be fighting over john wayne (bad actor ) on a muzzle loading forum but anyway just because he was in alot of movies doesnt make him a good actor a good actor can change their expression voice and be good at it john wayne could never be nothing but the same old john wayne he cant change his voice to make expression and feeling hardly far from a good actor :blah: :crackup: :yakyak: :eek:ff: :imo: :snore:

Simply put ... I could not disagree more! Regardless of the opinion expressed, and you are welcome to your opinion .. obviously most of America disagrees with that assessment, as determined by his popularity. No ... fact is Wayne was no Gary Cooper or Hunmphrey Bogart (thank god!) but he was and is, a very popular actor .. who played, who else "the Duke" in his films ... and one that was well liked by the majority of film goers.

I just wish in this day of frankly very poor boys-to-men actors ... that we had more like him in Hollywood ...I rest my case ... :shake:

Davy

As one of the people who helped get this thread off topic, I apologize. One feather is right, it's a stupid thing to be fighting about!

It's not about the actors or how good or bad they were, but about the real people who died there, what ever their reason. Can we not agree about that?

Thomas

Give me a break, why don't you read the other posts, before you post! NO one said anything about hating John Wayne & no one is trying to convince you or anyone else of anything.

Oh okay, if I don't care for John Wayne's acting then I'm talking bad about the defenders of the Alamo & their decendents? That has to be the most asinine thing I've ever heard. You know, a mind is a terrible thing to waste Pal.

Thomas

I think it's the condescending attitude I was most put off by. All the time spent explaining why those of us who hold the actor in high esteem are mistaken, then denying it all doesn't make you near as smart as you seem to think you are.

I guess it was really you who didn't understand my post, probably because I'm stupid and can't express myself. What I mean is that there are quite a few Texans who fed their appetite for the heroic story of their ancestors by watching John Wayne's movie(s), and identifying his character and what it represented with those of their ancestors. Or, to put it simply, quite a few Texans can realistically appreciate the sacrifices and courage of their ancestors and still like John Wayne at the same time.

Forgive me for my stupidity. I am obviously unworthy of this discussion.

im just saying this is stupid because just because john wayne was in it doesnt make him have any part to your ancestors anything that was a part of the alamo every little dicovery something like a movie i guess mabey but john wayne no way but it is all in what ya like i guess so you think what ya think and i will think what i think i think this is very stupid for all of us adults to be fighting over john wayne dont you :youcrazy:

im just saying this is stupid because just because john wayne was in it doesnt make him have any part to your ancestors anything that was a part of the alamo every little dicovery something like a movie i guess mabey but john wayne no way but it is all in what ya like i guess so you think what ya think and i will think what i think i think this is very stupid for all of us adults to be fighting over john wayne dont you :youcrazy:

Now take a look at your picture over there in your avatar and (mine for that matter ::) and tell me what looks silly in the 21st century! :crackup:

We are all silly overgrowed kiddos with our obsessions, but what tha hey ... boys with our toys .. right? ::

Davy

Let it go! If you want to fight, pick something else. I said what I said & will let it stand, your now copping Plea's!

Look, my mom was born in Wichita, TX. [ my dad was from Hucchinson, KN.] he got to know who would become my Mom in W11, went to work in Wa. State [after 5 mo. of the end of the war, desided he couldn'd live without her & sent her the money to get out here. I was at Fort Sam in the early 70's in the army & when discharged, left with a wife, who just happen to be born in San Antonto.

I never said you were stupid nor did I ever say "I hated John Wayne". I did apologize & Then you came out of the wood work like a worm, get back in there or I'll get the can of Raid! :crackup:

Thomas

One more time, I have to say one feather is right & so is Davy!

It is silly to be fighting over an actor, boys & their toys is right! Hey I'll admit it & it's over for me.

If anyone wants to fight with me, I'll fight over Chili, it should have lots of beans in it! Needless to say I've had it both ways & still do, but with beans is the right way!

Thomas

Now you just called me a worm. Maybe I should just go outside and step on myself. Does Raid even work on worms?

Beans in chili? That reminds me of that oxymoron: "vegetarian chili."

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Back